Friday, May 27, 2011

Wanted: Pre-Mom Body

Why is it so hard for a mom to workout?  Maybe its because the constant feedings, & lets be honest, its just not natural to do sit-ups with a newborn attached.  Maybe its the constant amount of snacks, meals, & drink refills that you're constantly providing for your toddler (and sometimes your husband).  Maybe its because at the end of the day when you've worked all day trying to "straighten" one room & its still looks like the aftermath of Dorothy's tornado in Kansas, or the loading, unloading, folding, lifting, putting away, & repeat of the never-ending laundry basket, moms just don't "feel" like working out.  However, I will admit the constant changing of diapers & wet clothes from spit-up has caused a path to be made in the carpet from the living room to the changing table.. that alone should equal a good 2 miles to & from each day.  Does that count?

I asked my loving husband the other day if he thought I was as pretty as when we first started dating.  He replied with the expected "well... yes, of course you are."  That was the answer I was expecting since that's his usual "please don't ask such questions while I'm watching tv" response.  So, being myself, what did I do?  Ask him again.. "No really?"  He replied with the semi-safe, hope to get me off-his back response of "you're even more beautiful, you've just maybe let yourself go since you don't get dressed up as much anymore."  WHAT?  He wasn't digging the same pajamas I've wore for 2 days now.  Shocker. haha!

My goal for a long time has been to become more fit.  Do I have any desire to compete in a triathalon?  Heck no!  I'd just like to not be wheezing as I run from my car into Wal-Mart in a torrential downpour.

So here I go?  Trying to do something new, working out for the first real time in my life.  Will it be easy since all those things in the first paragraph will still be going on?  No.  Will I stay up to work-out instead of sneaking in a quick snooze during the kiddies naptime?  Probably not.  But any exercise is better than none, & by gosh, I'm going to try.  With my pre-mom body as much of a distant memory as World War I, the kick-off of summer should give me even more incentive to get up & go (literally).

So with 20 minutes left before "Bubble Guppies" end & the little one wants food, I'm off to strut my stuff.

Until next time.. :)


----> my husband's love interest..  will this be me?  IN HIS DREAMS!! hahaha!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment