Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Smile

Oh, the things that melts a momma's heart.

Yesterday Jameson had started being a little fussy.  Nothing unbearable, but I think he's hitting a growth spurt & just needing extra food & mommy time.  I was holding him as we were talking & playing.  I gave him some mommy kisses & guess what, a little smile came across his face.  Now I always heard the ole wives tale "babies don't smile until their 3 months, before then its just gas... blah, blah, blah."  So I kissed him again, another gummy grin splashed across his face (and no gas).  We did this about five times, and I got the same five bursts of expression every time.

He was showing mommy he liked her kisses & my heart was overflowing.  Such a sweet moment between a mother & her son.

But I can't help but to wonder will mommy's kisses still make him smile in about 10 to 15 years?  :)

I unfortunately didn't get a picture of this "first," except for the picture imprinted in my memory.. that will never fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment