Thursday, August 4, 2011

What Life is All About

Catch Up:  Pictures from the last night of VBS at Hopkins Chapel.  Olivia did so well, she always knows how to put on a great show. :)



*****

This weekend we got a bushel of beans from Brandon's Dad.  So we had to break, string, & can beans for two days (shout out to my dear hubby who actually did most of the breaking & stringing this year).  We're so thankful for his garden & his fresh goodies he sends us.  Livi started crying over something, I think it was because Daddy left to go somewhere without her.  So in order to get her mind off things, I asked her if she wanted to help Mommy break beans.  I was surprised with her loud "YEAH" in her new Paula Deen accent.  I figured she would break a few & then be off to something else.  40 minutes later we were still standing there breaking beans & her little fingers were still going.  I was ready for a break & she started crying.  Tears over breaking beans!! Oh my!  But I will say she's the cutest bean-breaker there is.
BTW - We were swimming before the bean breaking, hence the bathing suit.  Thought I'd clear that up.



Our goodies this weekend


Bubby during the Bean Breaking Party

*****

Monday was the highly anticipated Bachelorette Finale (woohoo Team JP).  It was more anticipated because I was going to my BF, Danielle's, house to watch it.  Brandon had to work that night, and taking both kids would mean a destroyed friends' house, not much chatting, & no chance of watching the finale.  So Olivia stayed the night with my parents.  When I told her that morning she would be staying with them, that's ALL I heard about ALL day.  "pack my suitcase", "livi stay with Mamaw&Papaw", "we watch Yogi & Boo-Boo."  It really is cute & I'm thrilled she gets excited about it, but 8 hours to a child is like a lifetime to adults, I definitely should have waited until after nap to tell her. haha!!



When I took her to drop her off, I got a half hug and a quick kiss before she shut the door on me.  Nights away is still the hardest thing for this Mom, no matter what the reason, but obviously not hard on Miss Priss (and that's exactly how I want it to be, I guess) :)

When we made it to Danielle's, the babies got aquainted with each other (you know they're getting married one day, right?).  It was the cutest thing, Jameson was just smiling at Gracelyn and Gracelyn was reaching for him.  They both are so sweet.  Seeing them interact even the least bit makes me look forward to when they get a little bit older & will be getting into some real trouble together.


*****

Tuesday we were supposed to go to a political meeting that night.  Brandon had to rearrange his work schedule just to go to this important meeting.  At the last minute, what we were going for got cancelled.  This left Brandon with an hour & a half gap in between work.  We decided to take the kids to the park.  It was just an hour & a half, but it was truly one of the best family nights we've had in a while.  Its great when the simplest moments are the moments that mean the most.

Olivia can make friends with a box (completely different from ole mom who could be known as the "shyest person around people I don't know" girl).  As a few little girls showed up, I overheard Olivia say something like "come on girls, come with me."  Her & one of the girls instantly bonded, they played together quite well.  Jameson hung out with Mom (where he's happiest) and we walked & played & walked some more.

Before we dropped Dad back off at work, we went to Dairy Queen to get some ice cream.  Perfect ending to the perfect night out.

(Side-note before the pictures:  Olivia fell earlier that day & caused a small cut on her nose.  Its very noticable in the pictures so thought I'd go ahead & mention it. Still didn't slow her down, of course.)














We are making it a serious point in our family to have more moments like this.  These moments are what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment