Friday, July 29, 2011

Meet the Nappers

Naps - You gotta love them.  Every day around 1pm, we all hit the sack.  Its our time to unwind & gear up for the second half of the day.  If you come by around 1, I won't hear the door, if you call around 1, I won't answer the phone.  Our lives stop from 1 to 3ish for naps & its wonderful.  I've always been a napper & I'm so thankful my kids are good nappers as well.  Brandon is not a napper, but he does join us from time to time.




*****

Another way we're fighting the heat is we broke out the kiddie pool for the first time.  What a blast!  My Aunt Bonnie got Olivia this pool before she was born and we're getting good use out of it this summer.  Its so cute with the slide & the zebra is a sprinkler.  I love it & so does Livi.




*****

Saturday was my dear ole Dad's 50th birthday.  How thankful we are to have him as our Dad/Papaw.  We hope he had a special day celebrating 50 wonderful years on this Earth.  We Love You, Dad!

My Dad in his high school football photo

Mamaw, Livi & Papaw at Dollywood this summer
*****
This week Olivia's picked up something new.. a Paula Deen accent that true Southern Belle's would be impressed with.  I don't know how it got started or where it came from, but dow-un (down), yea-uh (yeah), come O-n (come on) has never been the same.  In some ways its cute, in others its a little annoying.  I love a good accent and I realize we do have our own Wise Count-ian way of speaking, but its extreme.  I guess we'll chalk it up to another "phase" she may grow out of.  If not, she's a perfect candidate to be Paula's heir (only if she didn't inherate her cooking genes from her mother.. YIKES.  Although I do like butter as a side-dish with the best of them).

*****
Random snapshots from the week..


Before church on Sunday


"Welcome to My Playhouse, Mom"


"Make yourself at home" :)
*****

Another Vacation Bible School under our belt.  I mean, come on, what is there not to love about VBS.  Good fun, good food, good singing/dancing, learning about Jesus.  Yep, sounds like a good time to me.  Well, even more so Olivia.  She loves it.  I can't help myself bribing her with "if you do this, we'll go to Bible School tonight" (like we weren't going anyway).  VBS at my parents' church has been a lot of fun.  The crafts were super cute, I kept thinking to myself "this would be great to make in my classroom one day".  I only hope by the time I finally get a classroom of my own, I'll remember them.  Anyway.  We are so glad we went & as exhausting the week is for Mom & Dad, its always worth it to see our little girl have a blast learning about Jesus.



Bubby being a good sport at VBS

Music class is a favorite - do we think she's a teacher's pet? haha! (Hint: Mamaw is the teacher)



No one can realize how thankful Livi & myself are for Lauren in our lives (my legs are thankful, too, since Lauren & Tyler always chase her for me.)


Chalk outlining Lauren

Lookin' all cute for VBS

Boo-Boo playing with his elephant (That's what I call him, "Boo-Boo")


Singing her little heart out & "reading"
 

Mamaw & Jameson (if he's not attached on my hip, he's on Mamaw's)

Passed out from all the fun
*****

Its VBS Commencement tonight followed by a little pizza party.  Tomorrow is an off Saturday for Brandon & we're staying home (gasp!).  We need a work weekend at home for once (yuck!).  Maybe Dad can work & mom & Livi will hang by the pool.  Yeah, that sounds better.

Its 1:30.. past naptime.  Peace out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment