Thursday, September 8, 2011

Transformation

Lately I feel like I've changed - changed as a person.  Sadly, the excess baby weight I'm carrying on the outside hasn't changed, but I've changed on the inside.

My second pregnancy was hard on me.  I wasn't down a lot with morning sickness (thank goodness, had enough of that the first go around).  But I ached more than I have ever ached in my life.  I used to wonder if someone would run me over with a bus, would that feel better than what I was going through.  I used to have extreme back pain that I couldn't do anything but lay down & cry until it went away.  Now with all that, you add in a stressful pregnancy and a small toddler, and of course there were going to be some ups & downs.

So I slacked in the mommy department.  I put on that extra movie, I warmed up whatever was in the fridge to satisfy, I did whatever I could to get us through the day.  But I didn't go that extra mile.  I wasn't that mom I dreamed about, heard about, seen in the movies & on television.  Don't get me wrong, Olivia has never been deprived of her fair share of attention in all her life.  But we just didn't do all the extras because I was too tired or too achey.

And sadly this continued into our land of "newborn-ness."  We didn't do a lot of the extras because we were tired, run ragged by feedings, diapers, a two million doctor appointments. (what, not two million.. close enough).  Side note:  we did go on plenty of trips this summer with lots of family fun, so we did do some extras.  But that took away any extra energy we were storing up for hard times.

Recently, that has changed.  We do more than we ever have.  We read more books than ever, we talk, we sing, Olivia helps me cook when time/safety permits, we go to the park, we go for walks, we dance for no reason, we load up in our "momma-mobile" & we do whatever our little hearts desire.  Life is better, life is fun.  These are the memories I will hold on to, the messes, the unplanned trips to nowhere, the laughter & sweet i love you's.  Olivia is older & is able to have a little more freedom.  Jameson will be 5 months old soon and he's truly the best baby ever.  Never hardly cries, goes with the flow.  He's still a spitter more than you can even imagine, but it doesn't phase his attitude a bit.  That makes life better as well.

Our children are our world.  We base our whole minute, hour, day, year, lives around them.  I feel better now that my mommy-mode is back.  Am I that Mom I see on tv, heck no!  But I learn from each day, & I get better each day.

*****

Some random photos I found on my camera.

Out shopping!

Being goofy in the mirrors.

Not sure which one to pick

She liked the pink heads. haha!

Bubby being a good sport.


Pushing Daisy in the stroller.

Of course Daisy had to ride every ride possible, too.  Sheesh, how did we find time for shopping.



*****


all ready for Wednesday night church service



Ready for church, waiting on Mom.

Park time.







Showing off her make-up!  Thanks Mamaw for buying her real makeup. {BBM Hand over Face}.

This is REAL paint, REAL paint on her, my carpet, furniture, EVERYTHING.  She found it & entertained herself after nap time instead of coming to wake me up.  Thankfully, most of the damage is gone.  Only one spot remains & we'll chalk that to visual memories.

*****

If you all haven't checked out Brittany's blog: The Story of our Rookie Years - you need to go like.. NOW.  Recipes, helpful household advice, plenty of humor.. one of my favs!  Anyway, I've tried a few recipes she's posted (she finds them, I try them. haha! Call me lazy), but this idea is my new fav.



Its a bowl made of cookie dough with ice cream inside (I put cookies & cream, talk about cookie-overload-fly me straight to heaven).  Mine doesn't look nearly as pretty (nothing I make ever does :( ), but it tastes YUMMY.  Its one of those "super easy, why didn't I think of that, but I'm so glad she did" kind of recipes.  Check out her post here.  Brittany - All of my dear family's stomachs thanks you for all your hard work.  :)

*****

Well, I'm catchin' up fast!
I'm done for the night!  Maybe tomorrow!
Goodnight, peeps! (What, they don't say peeps anymore.. WHAT-EV!)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks Tori! This made me smile :)

    It's a little embarrassing how much I like to eat. I love to find and try new recipes and then I put them on my blog, and then if people don't send me nasty emails telling me about their food poisoning, then I know I've found a winner :)

    Thanks for reading :) I love your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete