Thursday, September 8, 2011

Soccor Mom Status: Complete

Well, we did it.  I finally convinced Brandon we're a "mini-van type of family."  So after looking online for a few weeks, two Saturdays ago, we set out on the hunt.

Now there was nothing wrong with the Trailblazer, I loved it very much.  But this mom needed a less gas-guzzler & more space.  There's a lot of people out in the world that would say "ewww, I would never drive one of those."  Well good for you, that left more options out there for us.  I've always been the girl to dream of being a stay-at-home mom with a hardworking husband, quiet well-behaved kids, and a mini-van to go to & from every kind of activity & school event imaginable.  Well, now the dream is almost complete (darn, where are those well-behaved kiddos I've been looking for. haha!)  Maybe I didn't dream BIG, but at least I can say my dreams have came true.

So anyway, back to the van.  That Saturday we set out early to see what was out in the world.  Brandon has so many specifications before he'd ever walk off the lot with anything.  He's ALMOST impossible, but that's what's good about him, I guess.  I'd buy the first thing the salesman showed if it was me.  I do NOT deal well with large purchases.  We went to Bristol - Nada!  We went to Johnson City - Even Less!  We went to Kingsport - No such luck!  I was pretty discouraged & ready to pack it up.  After 5 car lots, we decided it just wasn't the time for us.

We stopped by McDonald's in Kingsport to get some lunch & let the kids stretch out since they had done so well.  Olivia made friends at the playground area in McDonald's & we were just enjoying watching her play.  We got back in the car for the drive home, and less than half a mile from McDonald's, I spotted one at a car lot we didn't even think about checking at (Granted, it was the only mini-van on the huge lot and I would spot it going 65 mph past).  We decided to give it one more go, make a u-ey, & check it out.  There it was.  *IT* was made for us.  It met Brandon's unrealistic expectations of price, mileage, year, etc.  It exceeded my expectations of dvd player, leather seats, seat warmers, automatic door openers, etc. etc. etc.  L-O-V-E, LOVE it!  Bonus points, we went to college with the salesman & he treated us right.  So that afternoon, we left the lot in our "new" (new to us, its used) Honda Odyssey.



We have found one pitfall since bringing home our new vehicle.  Since we have the extra row of seats, Olivia thinks all of her stuffed animals & babies need to come along for the ride.  And Heaven forbid we leave without buckling each & every one of them in. 

*****

We've been super busy & on the go a lot the last couple of weeks.  I'm trying to catch up, so more blogging in the near future.

Happy almost Friday, folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment