Thursday, June 2, 2011

Best Friends

How can two people possibly think so much alike?  I wonder this sometimes as I sit with my best friend & we talk about.. well, everything.  Literally without saying a word, we know exactly what each other is thinking.  This is something my dear husband cannot do (we'd probably have a lot less fights if he could tell what I was thinking.  well,maybe more fights actually. lol*).  I think this is why God sent her in my life so many years ago was because he knew exactly what I needed.

Danielle & I have been practically inseparable since our 8th grade year.  11 years of friendship & still never have a dull moment.  You know that awkward "well what should I talk about" moments that you sometimes have with people, nope not us.  Usually we never have enough time to finish talking is more like it.

A few days ago during some reflection time, it really hit me hard that I just felt as if something was missing from my life.  I thought about if it was more time with my husband, or was it maybe I needed fullfillment from a career.  This morning, I got a message from Danielle & we discussed plans to get together.  After she left tonight, I realized that feeling that had been lingering with me was gone.  That was it.  I just needed some BFF time.  Its amazing what a little girl talk can do for the soul.  Once again, God hits it on the nail.

As we've traveled through life from crazy teenagers to mommies&wives, things have changed all around us.  But some things, like a great friendship, will never change.


The oldest throwback picture I could find


Pregnant BFF's (don't miss those days, haha)
 

1 comment: