Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Livi & Jesus


I love hearing Livi talk about Jesus.  I feel like my only job in this world is to teach our children about the Lord & how to accept him in their life.  So hearing her talk about Jesus, Heaven, and saying her prayers at night makes my heart fill with such joy.  Like for once, I got this parenting thing right.
Sometimes when I give her lunch, I’ll set it down & walk back to the kitchen.  When I look back, she’s not touched it & just looks at me.  It quickly reminds me what I forgot, to bless the food.  I quickly thank God for this little reminder in life he sent me to never let the day get so busy to thank him for all of our blessings.. big & small.
It wasn’t too long ago that we actually started these little conversations about the Lord with her.  I was a bit timid about it at first since how do you explain concepts that a lot of adults have a hard time believing.  But that’s just it.  I forget how much kids are like sponges, they take in everything.  They’re not skeptical like adults, they truly don’t have to see to believe.  And seeing her learn about God just puts the fire back under me to learn more about our Heavenly Father.  Its amazing when we try to teach her something, she is actually teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment