Tuesday, June 14, 2011

VA-KY Fair 2011

There are 3 things in abundance at the fair every year… carnies, rain, & germs.  But with Wise County the small little town it is, this week is look forward to by most.  It seems each year I get older, my views change about the fair.  When I was a kid, unlimited rides on Wednesday’s kids day was equivalent to walking on a golden street in Heaven.  As a teenager, it was a week to hang out with friends without having to enter the smoke-filled bowling alley.  But as an adult, it’s nothing more than a place to take my kids as I balance the work of yelling “don’t touch” all while stuffing a funnel cake in my mouth (oh, the life of a mom).
We didn’t go last year, so this was the first year Olivia actually experienced the fair, carnies, germs, funnel cake & all.  Jameson stayed at home with Mamaw & was more than happy to miss out on all the fun.
Watching her cousin, Sierra, sing on stage.

Uncle Scott & Livi

Livi's favorite part of the fair







She enjoyed just running around more than anything.

Mom's favorite part of the fair.. :)

Livi is the definition of a Daddy's girl
Wednesday Livi went back with my parents where her “connections” (aka Mamaw) got her a unlimited ride stamp.  She had a blast.  (Mom & Jameson took advantage of the down time & stayed home to pack for Nashville).


Mamaw & Livi on the teacups.

Jonathan eating funnel cake

Livi & funnel cake
I’m so blessed to have parents that want to be a big part in their grandchildren’s lives.  I know how much fun I had with my own grandmothers growing up (especially when my parents weren’t around & grandparents rules were much more fun to follow), & I want my children to have that special bond & fond memories.  And so far, there’s been no shortage of spoiling. haha!  :)

So fair week.. you were a success this year for the Bevins household.  We wish you good riddance & I’m sure we’ll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment