Thursday, July 14, 2011

Four Years Later...

Saturday, July 14, 2007 at 6:30pm, I walked down the aisle at Mt. Olive Church the last time as a single woman.  In front of 2 preachers, 8 witnesses, 200 guests, and 1 glorified God, Brandon & I exchanged vows that echo in our hearts four years later.


What an amazing, turbulent, whirlwind, adventurous, hard, enduring, & breath-takingly wonderful four years it has been.  Brandon & I have that comfort that comes with any good marriage, but with that excitement like its all still brand new.  Four years may be a small fraction in this great big life we live, but we've made some of our most life-changing decisions in those years.


Four years later, does he still leave the toilet seat up sometimes, leave his socks turned inside out, try on 15 shirts in the morning & leave them all off the rack there for me to hang back up?  The answer would be MOST DEFINITELY.  If marriage was based on these things, we would be doomed! But thankfully, its not.


Our marriage is based on the things I absolutely love about him, which would be the fact that he still calls me pet names like "beautiful & babe," he lives life to have a good time, how amazing of a father he is & he gets up no matter day or night to help regardless of how long he worked or what time he works in the morning, he listens to my rants and never says a word, and mostly how he spends every second of life with only one goal on his mind.. how to make myself & our children happy. 


Brandon is most definitely one-of-a-kind and I'm so glad I was the lucky one to marry him.


We also celebrate another occassion on this day.  It marks 32 years since my parents exchanged vows of their own.  What a remarkable example of what a loving & lasting marriage is all about.

So Happy Anniversary to my soulmate, Brandon.. here's to many more throughout our life together.

And Happy Anniversary to Mom & Dad.  We love you & can't wait to spend many more with you through the years.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds heavenly! I love that you have such a beautiful and dedicated husband! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!

    ReplyDelete