Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Mom?

What does it take to be a good mom?  Does it mean that you get up in the mornings & fix a well balanced breakfast.. Or how about having a craft or activity planned every day that is secretly developed to teach language, mathematical, or some other studious lesson..  Or is it when you child unrolls the entire roll of toilet paper for the fourth time that day, and you still look at her & smile & say "that's okay, hunny, I'll get that".  Well if that's a good mom, I shouldn't make a place on my mantel for Mommy of the Year just yet, huh?!

Do I toss my child a pop tart, turn on a good Dora movie & cry as I roll the toilet paper back up for the fourth time that day?  Absolutely.  Am I still a good mom?  Absolutely.  Sometimes I can't help but think "do my kids really love me.. heck, do they even like me?"  But as soon as a nasty ole boo-boo comes along & my child comes waling like that scratch really does hurts & I'm the ONLY one who can make it feel better, that tells me they love me.  Or when Livi comes up & just put her arms around me & growls to signal a "bear hug," that shows me love.  And when Jameson.. well he's Jameson & we all know he loves being a momma's boy.  :)

I hope my kids grow up not caring about what we had for breakfast, or if the laundry was done, or if we could see the floor, or if we just scribbled on an old bill with a crayon because that's all we could find.  What I want them to know is that I love them and I'm always here for them.  Since they've entered this world, there is no more Tori & Brandon, there's only our family.. because everything we do is for them, not for us anymore.  They are our world & nothing in life can change that.

*****

Here's some pictures from this week.  Enjoy! :)





Early mornings laughs from Sissy


The Life of a Fairy

Trying to fly in the yard.



This looks like a good place to rest


Shew, being a fairy is hard work.  Time for a snack
Is this the well-balanced meal I mentioned previously?  Sure. :)


******

One morning, there's not a rain cloud in sight..


What does my child decide to play with........





 What?   Good parents don't let their kids play with umbrellas in their panties outside?  At least she wasn't out in the rain in her panties.. give credit where its due.

*****

Photoshoot time!  Objective:  2 small children, both look at camera. Ready, Set, GO!


uh, can we say SUCCESS (sorta).

*****

If only dangling frogs & rattles could make us all this happy..



*****

Four (well, really eight) years later.. Happy Anniversary, Babe!

Two-Thirds of my Heart..

*****

They really do love each other.

*****

Workout time with Dad.. a new fav for Olivia.





3 comments:

  1. I love this post so much - the pictures are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. Your children are beautiful : ) Here is to good mommy-ing. I think you have it down pat : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, love this. So true, and beautiful kids :)

    ReplyDelete