Thursday, July 7, 2011

God Bless the USA

Happy 235th Birthday, America!!



July 4th - The one day of the year that sums up what summer is all about.. sunshine, good food, & fun times.

We arrived home from the camper around 1pm that day, just long enough to unload the car, get ready & head back out.  We were going to Brandon's Aunt & Uncle's house for a cookout.  Ironically enough right before we went outside to get in the car on the way, it came the biggest torrential downpour I've seen in a long time.  The cookout was turned into a cook-in since the rain forced it to move inside.  Nevertheless, it was still good food & fun times.


at our house before we left for the Brandon's family cook-out (I'm mostly impressed with this picture since it was taken with a clicker & no one making noises to get the babies to look).

Olivia LOVES Jameson.. Jameson loving Olivia, I'm just not sure. haha!
After the cookout, we came home & the babies & I snuck a quick nap in.  My dear hubby spent the time putting away our luggage, putting sheets on the bed, cleaning house, etc.  What a keeper he is! :)

We then proceeded to downtown Norton for the festivities.


As we were walking, she stopped in front of this wall & said "take my picture mommy".  What a cutie!

breaking it down with the music

Bubby hanging out while Sissy dances

We ran into John, Amy, Tyler & Lauren.. Olivia just loves Tyler & Lauren.  They were great & helped her do that inflatables slide & bouncy house.  We watched the fireworks with them.
Lauren & Tyler helping Olivia down the inflatable slide


Best Buds! :)

Watching fireworks
Mommy & her girl :)
Throughout the day I couldn't help but think about this great country we live in.  Thanks to our military, I can choose what I want to wear, how to raise my children, how and when to praise God, along with the many, many other daily freedoms we tend to take for granted.  I read on someone's facebook to remember "freedom isn't free."  Wow!  How true that statement is.  To all of our past & present troops - THANK YOU.  Your sacrafices and efforts are what makes the USA the best place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment